Old 17-12-2009, 03:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Cold!

Hiya Ingrid! :-) Have the temps been that moderate there?

We often say they sometimes died for no apparent reason. Better that then
finding them 1/2 alive and going thru all the stress of trying to save them
only to have them die anyway... imho.

I have a question, does koi pox go away when the temps get real cold?
Noticed it on one koi this fall, one I've had for several years. Got a peek
the other day and didn't see them (can't say it was the best peek) so I
might be mistaken. ~ jan

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:15:18 EST, wrote:

Well covered my pond finally this last Saturday. Went out to check the temp on the
pond Monday (went from 42 to 46 in 1 day) and found my first dead koi in 8 or 9
years. used 2 different ammonia kits, nothing. too cold to do much of anything at
all. The koi was too far gone to do a necropsy on it. bummer. Ingrid
Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago

Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us