Old 18-04-2003, 05:32 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default soggy areas in yard

Oh my socks and little shoes! A person who will not alter a natural
situation and takes an opportunity to study the plants that would thrive
in that situation. Way to go, dementia. Please do visit my websites and
enjoy.

http://www.celestialhabitats.com
http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden

Janet could study the plants, determine the symbiotic relationships
between the plants and wildlife and then plant them, saving herself
time, money, and frustration, while achieving a fantastic success
record.

Janet, there are many possibilities for plant material and design. I
live in an upscale tear-down
(near downtown) area with one story's in between new 2 stories. I teach
people the benefits about bog gardens and their effectiveness as flood
damage reduction agents.

J. Kolenovsky

dementia13 wrote:
=

In Janet Price wrote:
I have heavy clay soil with several soggy areas and am looking for an=

inexpensive way to eliminate or reduce them.

=

I have the exact same problem, and my plan is not to try and eliminate
those spots, but live with them by planting things that don't mind wet
soil. These spots aren't permanently wet, they just drain slowly after
heavy rain, so I'm looking for flood-tolerant plants like River Birch,
Sweet Bay Magnolia, Itea, Cypress, Clethra. If that approach works for
you, it might save you some time, money, and frustration.

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - commercial
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html