Old 18-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Ofer Ofer is offline
Registered User

Location: west midlands, shropshire staffordshire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry14 View Post
I know what you mean, I had terrible trouble trying to move a massive bamboo from the corner of my garden...had to wrestle it out of the ground!
well all professionals landscapers used plastic root barrier for trees and bamboos. you will need 60+cm deep. 1mm . leave one inch out of the ground the rest in the ground.

you can buy the right length it is called root barrier/ root control:

http://www.best4garden.co.uk/shop/page/15?shop_param=

It is well known situation - so they can provide more info