Old 18-12-2009, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Quiet in here!

On 2009-12-18 10:39:00 +0000, Martin said:

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:59:08 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Too cold and icy for gardening? We had a white covering some parts of
the garden this morning - nothing horrendous but that east wind is
absolutely bitter still. I feel really sorry for those on the east
coast, it must be arctic for all of you.

It's eye wateringly cold on the west coast here in Zuid Holland.

Nice day for boating?
http://www.compagnieshaven.nl/compon...,8/lang,nl_NL/

I'm sitting in my snug, warm study and have gone shivery cold just
looking at that!

You should have seen it yesterday. Grown men behaving like lemmings
trying to do
away with themselves. A guy took a trailer sailer out of the water put
it on his
trailer and disappeared into the snow storm. I bet he skidded at the first bend
or at least long before he got home to Germany.

Any reason for taking it out? Do you get bad winter gales there, so no
insurance? I did venture out this morning and it really is terribly
cold, though I know the east are getting it much worse than we are.
But where water has run off the fields and down the lanes, there were
long icy patches on the steepest part of the lane - ugh! It only went
to -1C last night but with the wind it seems a lot colder.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com