Old 19-12-2009, 12:01 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Lawn Guy Lawn Guy is offline

Default Renovating lawn without chemicals

Ralph Mowery wrote:

Still waiting for an explanation for a stone burier.

http://www.stoneburier.com/

A machine that is pulled by a tractor. It looks to be about 5
feet wide. Tills up the soil and levels it out.
6 ACTIONS - 1 MACHINE - 1 PASS
Cultivates to a depth of 200mm
Buries stones clods, grass and debris.

Technically, it doesn't have to be pulled by a tractor, and doesn't have
to be 5 feet wide.

The defining characteristic seems to be that it scrapes and pulverizes
the first few inches of the soil, sort of like the way a cheese grater
works. Quite a bit different than a roto-tiller or disc tiller.

They come in a variety of sizes, from walk behind (or infront) to
tractor attached.

Like the scarifier, this is an example of a yard product that is not
very common for home or light commercial use in North America, but seems
to be more common in the UK.

Seems primarily designed for turf removal for preparing new lawns or
garden plots. The term "stone burier" is somewhat odd given what it
does and how it operates and the desired result. It would be more
appropriate to call it a soil grader or turf planer.

Now tell me where I could find a concise explanation like that on
google.