Old 18-12-2009, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Damn villains

Martin wrote:
On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 22:11:26 +0000, Pam Moore wrote:

On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 16:27:34 GMT, Janet Baraclough
wrote:

In my view it's ridiculous to lay all the blame on the thieves . You
can bet, few of them steal tools to use in their own garden.

I can't agree with that.

Who are all those keen gardeners today who provide ready cash for
cheap secondhand garden and DIY tools, garden ornaments and furniture,
tubs and hanging baskets
of no known provenance, no questions asked at the car boot sale? If
there was no market for them, garden shed contents would be of little
interest to thieves.

I agree there. I would never buy garden tools etc from a car boot sale
for that very reason.

We bought some from a very, very old man who said he was selling because
gardening was too much for him at his age.

quaver
Anyone want to buy some nice garden tools? Hand tools no problem, JBs
and bulldozers take a little casing^h^h^time to source.
/quaver

--
'Onest Ron - the others are a con...