Old 19-12-2009, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George[_14_] George[_14_] is offline

Default Can Plants Stop Climate Change?

"echinosum" wrote in message

Granity;872003 Wrote:
The original argument was that the hockey stick proved AGW

The hockey stick - had it been true - was a visual representation for
publicity impact, intended to make it "obvious" to "everyone" that it
was "really happening now". But it doesn;t really matter how warm the
mediaeval warm period was, or how cold the little ice age was, these are
relatively slow climate changes over longer periods which can be laid to
natural effects.

Well stated. "But the planet has always had warming and cooling" state the
deniers. Indeed, the planet has warmed and cooled, gradually, over a long
period of time, within cycles. A slightly different scenario, is rapid
warming (by comparison) that we are now seeing, with strong encouragement by
humanity. So yes, the planet has warmed before, just not at the scale and
speed we are now helping things along. I wonder if the deniers will stop
using that truth distortion at some point? Maybe when we have warmed the
planet up 3 degrees.

rob