Old 19-12-2009, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Can Plants Stop Climate Change?

"George" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message

"echinosum" wrote in message

Granity;872003 Wrote:
The original argument was that the hockey stick proved AGW
The hockey stick - had it been true - was a visual representation for
publicity impact, intended to make it "obvious" to "everyone" that it
was "really happening now". But it doesn;t really matter how warm the
mediaeval warm period was, or how cold the little ice age was, these are
relatively slow climate changes over longer periods which can be laid to
natural effects.

Well stated. "But the planet has always had warming and cooling" state
the deniers. Indeed, the planet has warmed and cooled, gradually, over a
long period of time, within cycles. A slightly different scenario, is
rapid warming (by comparison) that we are now seeing, with strong
encouragement by humanity. So yes, the planet has warmed before, just not
at the scale and speed we are now helping things along. I wonder if the
deniers will stop using that truth distortion at some point? Maybe when
we have warmed the planet up 3 degrees.

sorry, I am making an assumption there, that reality will force the
deniers to face the truth. They may continue to argue that the planet has
warmed before, naturally.

rob

Haven't you been brainwashed? :-(((

--