Old 19-12-2009, 09:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gunner gunner is offline

Default Monsanto

"Steve" wrote in message
ews.com...
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:29:09 -0800, "gunner"
wrote:

However, he did not at
all explain why he sprayed Roundup to isolate the Roundup Ready plants he
found on his land; why he then harvested the plants and segregated the
seeds, saved them, and kept them for seed; why he next planted them; and
why, through this husbandry, he ended up with 1030 acres of Roundup Ready
Canola which would otherwise have cost him $15,000.

I'm vehemently against GMO as a business model. The potential of
Monsanto to control the world seed market terrifies me. The potential
for disease in a (genetic) monoculture is equally frightening.

But I believe Mr. Schmeiser gamed the system and is the last person
who should be held up as a victim.

I totally agree with everything you said. I am not against GMO research,
natural or otherwise, My fear is about anyone having control of the world's
seed or crop market.

Back to the original post and rants, we will have to see what the"" "new"
war mongering President appointed GMO enthusiast "" will do with/after the
DOJ investigation.