Old 20-12-2009, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Bloody global warming!

On Dec 20, 10:36*am, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message
,
aquachimp writes

On Dec 20, 12:21*am, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"alan.holmes" *wrote...

It's a right pain, this global warming, we only had three inches of snow
yesterday, and the temperature rose to 2 degrees!

I didn't see it get above freezing here today, it was - 4.5°C first thing
and the highest was only 0°C at 2 pm.
More snow due in the early hours according to the forecast.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Yes, well; funny thing about scientists... back in the 70"s they were
predicting a mini ice-age.

Actually, that is a myth.

Oh good, so that means this bit of cold stuff we're now having will
end in a few days.

As for the "myth" bit, well, I've read through much of the rather good
link you've given and see why it's called a myth; though at the time,
listening to various "experts" on the radio and on telly talking it up
quite assertively didn't give an impression of "myth" and, what with
being rather young at the time, I would not have been best placed to
know stuff, such as being able to ask them were their comments "peer-
reviewed".

The (then weak) consensus in the scientific
press, rather than the popular media, was for warming.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...he-global-cool...
myth/

Great site for info. Thank-you; I particularly like how it tackles
issues in relatively bite-sized moments and in a layman's language.
And the "Will-Full ignorance" article was most revealing.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley