Old 20-12-2009, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default Beautiful day!

On 2009-12-20 14:43:38 +0000, K said:

Pam Moore writes

Sunny and cold here, SE of Bristol. Everything in my garden is frozen
solid, from my bucket of rain-water, to the olive tree. This year
everything has to fend for itself.
Snow is lovely but such a hazzard for families travelling. Don't want
it this week thanks!

Leeds - not much snow, just a thin covering everywhere. It hasn't risen
above 0 where we are, though, so although the main roads are gritted
and salted, the pavements are solid ice, as are all the minor roads. We
managed to get some salt for our private road, and are now able to get
cars in and out with great care, but if we hadn't been able to do that,
we'd have been housebound - it was too slippery for either pedestrians
or cars.

Falling over on the pavement and breaking a leg is NOT a good start to
Christmas or anything else, for that matter. Go carefully!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com