Old 20-12-2009, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Interesting

wrote:
~Brian~ wrote:
Since the weather turned cooler, Ive had an influx of field mice into the
house. They have been munching on the cereals that my wife stores in the
cupboard under the stairs.

We've just had a letter from environmental health saying they want to
come and 'inspect our premises', presumably because next door have mice
in their house and they're blaming our chickens.

The interesting thing is, we have had chickens every year since we
moved in 6 years ago, and we only got the chickens in the spring, but
we haven't had any for 6 weeks now (after trapping 3).

/snap/
Have you seen a confrontation between a mouse and chickens?

We kept chooks when I was an anklebiter, and I remember seeing a mouse
being chased round the run by the entire flock.

One of them got it, and swallowed it in a single gulp.

Awesome! And I'm thankful that chickens aren't substantially larger...

--
Rusty