Old 20-12-2009, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Beautiful day!

On 20 Dec, 18:32, "Spider" wrote:

On 2009-12-20 16:54:55 +0000, "Spider" said:

"Sacha" wrote in message
It's bright and sunny here without a cloud in the sky. *It was cold last
night but not as cold as it has been and the wind has dropped entirely.
But despite a couple of freezing nights, the tree ferns still have all
their green fronds and are looking very fresh and happy. I wonder how
long
that can last! *We're shut for 2 weeks and it's quite nice to have the
place to ourselves just for that short time. *Now we wait for the
'promised' snow - I wonder if it will get this far after all. *How's
everyone else doing - snow or otherwise? *Ah well - soon be spring if
the
alliums coming through are anything to go by!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

We've had a lovely bright day here in SE London. *Very chilly though and
with snow cover, although no fresh fall for a day or two. *Hope it stays
that way, as RG is driving just now. * Actually, it's his birthday today,
so
he did well to get a sunny-ish day. *Roast pheasant for his special
dinner
tonight, so I'd better put the oven on ....

Enjoy your 2 wk break, Sacha!
Spider

Thanks, Spider. * *The work of the Nursery goes on but in a slightly more
downkey way but the break is very pleasant when it comes. *Please wish RG
a very, very happy birthday from us. *His birthday is about as well-timed
as that of one of our grandchildren on 28th December. *;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

I will, of course. *Thank you.
Mmmm .. it's not the best timing. *I blame his mum - or I would, if sex had
ever reared it's ugly head in her presence!

Spider- Hide quoted text -

All we had of the snow was a light dusting on friday night, and today
was a nice sunny day here in the Swansea area. Last night we had a bit
of rain but the temp only went down to around 30f and today it's been
up to 39f, .
Even so this frost of the last few days has put paid to any chance of
a dahlia in flower outside on Xmas day, I had 5 very poor specimins
just about holding on, we also had a few fuchsia and one solitary
flower on what I always called Senecio Greyii, but which I gather is
now known as Greyii.
David Hill