Old 21-12-2009, 01:53 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default vinegar for weeds?

"Larry" wrote in message

I remember now I used kerosene and salt not vinegar. I watched the
gardening
australia program so maybe got it wrong as to the ingredients! Colin
Campbell went through a few that day. I might get the jar out strain it
add
vinegar and plonk the kero back in. I did paint the kero on a few things
and
they did curl up their toes.

i'd have assumed that kero would kill plants, even without salt...(?) i
don't want to use kero, though!!!! salt will also kill plants too, but i
think you'd make a much bigger problem than you started with, once the soil
was salty. also, it would take ages to even work, presumably. i'm kind of
wondering what extra benefit the salt confers... does anyone know?
kylie