Old 20-12-2009, 11:04 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Cold!

It has been unusually mild this year, but I do have a 500 watt heater in the pond.

I dont think koi pox ever goes away. I have one with a good dose on his tail. It
doesnt seem to change with water temp. There seems to be an individual
susceptibility because none of my other fish have been infected. Ingrid

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:58:09 EST, ~ jan wrote:
Hiya Ingrid! :-) Have the temps been that moderate there?

I have a question, does koi pox go away when the temps get real cold?
Noticed it on one koi this fall, one I've had for several years. Got a peek
the other day and didn't see them (can't say it was the best peek) so I
might be mistaken. ~ jan

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago