Old 21-12-2009, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Hugh Newbury Hugh Newbury is offline

Default Remote weather station

Timothy Murphy wrote:

But my query was (and is):
Does anyone have experience of a weather station
sending back information over the internet,
preferably by WiFi through a WiFi-enabled ADSL modem,
but possibly by USB connection to a remote computer?

The general advice that I have received
is that the Davis Wireless Weather Station VP2
is the best choice, though it requires an additional dongle
if it is to send information back directly over the internet
(through an ADSL modem accepting WiFi input).

I'm not very clear how the apparatus is actually set up,
eg whether one can just put it on the roof,
or if it has to be mounted someway from the house?

Any advice or enlightenment gratefully received.

Wrong newsgroup, I suggest. Try uk.sci.weather: they're very expert there.

HTH

Hugh

--

Hugh Newbury