Old 21-12-2009, 11:22 AM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] tony@altavista.com is offline

Default vinegar for weeds?

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 07:37:46 GMT, "0tterbot" wrote:

i was just surprised to read in the smh you can spray weeds with white
vinegar, (to kill them, not to make them taste better ;-)

surprised, because i haven't ever heard such a thing!!!

has anyone tried this? i am having increasing problems with sheep sorrel &
had intended to spray them with zero once the leaves are growing again, but
would be more than pleased to give vinegar a go instead. i'm not big on zero
but i can't think of a better way to deal with the sheep sorrel, which is
becoming out of control & virtually impossible to clear by hand-weeding &
grows in places that can't be solarised. i also get some kind of weedy
clover thing in my paths, which annoys me beyond endurance.

thanks in advance~
kylie

Thye have been advertising, and it IS available at Bunnings and of
course other places, Weed killer where the active ingredient is
Ascetic Acid = Vinegar

My wife heard of the white vinegar trick some months back, and yes I
can vouch that it does workl if sprayed on the weeds.