Old 21-12-2009, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Do YOU .........

In message , Alan
writes
In message , Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote

That's another denialist talking point. It's a red herring. We can
predict that the 1st of July will be warmer (in the UK) than the 1st
of January, with great confidence. We can't predict with more than a
minimal degree of confidence whether the 2nd of January will be warmer
than the 1st of January. Predicting climate is a different, and more
tractable, problem that predicting weather.

If the so called experts cannot tell predict the weather for the 1st
and 2nd of January it's because the models they use for the prediction
don't have enough information and the model itself is immature. This is
despite the fact that the daily weather pattern for the past century,
or more, is in the data base. These same, or similar, flawed models
are the basis for predicting the global meltdown yet the scientists are
reported as have no doubts about their findings.

I'm pretty sure that you are in error, and that climate predictions and
weather predictions aren't made using the same models.

Often the problem in believing the climate change lobby is the
green-wash and eco-b****x that goes with it.

Do you find it easier to believe Margaret Thatcher, David Cameron and a
chairman of British Petroleum? We still occasionally see the conspiracy
theory the global warming is Thatcherite propaganda to justify shutting
down the coal industry.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley