Old 21-12-2009, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Do YOU .........

"'Mike'" wrote ...
.... believe in all this Global warming crap when the world has been doing
its own things for years and years before man set foot on the Planet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8O-E_GN0Kg

Certainly I believe in global warming, as a old gardener the evidence from
my own garden is beyond dispute. The fact that we, man, have increased the
CO2 content of the atmosphere significantly from the background level and
also that gas acts like a blanket and causes warming is also beyond doubt.
The current speed of warming is also unprecedented if I understand the
figures correctly. My conclusion is that man is responsible for a proportion
of the warming and that proportion will rise as we pump more CO2 into the
atmosphere.

My problem is with the politicians and their Tax policies.
More CO2 is put into the atmosphere from Central Heating than cars, so why
are they taxing cars on CO2 and not Central Heating? (or planes for that
matter, they put the pollution directly in the worst place too)
Most of the CO2 caused by a car is in it's manufacture, the scrappage scheme
increases CO2!

The root cause of CO2 is population, so why are we in this Country still
paying people to have children? ( the Chinese alone are doing something
about this and should be applauded) Each man should be allowed to father two
children and each woman give birth to two children, ie 2 kids per couple, so
the population slowly reduces due to illness, death before childbirth etc.
Any more children and the state ignores them for benefit purposes, if a
woman refuses to state the father it is also ignored for benefit purposes.
Current rules about looking after children would still apply which might
increase the number of children forced to be put up for adoption. It's quite
easy really and would change a lot of things for the better.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden