Old 21-12-2009, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Timothy Murphy Timothy Murphy is offline

Default Do YOU .........

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

Then in the 1970s the scientists predicted that a mini
ice age was upon us. All those predictions, have with time, been
proved, whether right or wrong I will leave you, dear reader, to decide.

Actually, that is a myth. The (then weak) consensus in the scientific
press, rather than the popular media, was for warming.

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php...lobal-cooling-
myth/

It depends what time-scale you are talking about.
I think most people that have looked into the matter
believe that we are currently in an inter-glacial period,
and are likely to enter a new ice-age within thousands of years.

That doesn't conflict in any way with the belief
that the earth is currently warming due to human activity.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net