Old 21-12-2009, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default nursery website virus alert

"Mark" wrote in message
m...
someone wrote:

I just went to the Beeches Nursery U.K. website and was looking up a
dahlia
when my anti-virus program went into overdrive. Suggest you avoid that
site.

someone

you can check an URL of a web site for Virus infection from here
http://online.us.drweb.com/?url=1
?http://www.beechesnursery.co.uk comes up clean

-

I am happy to hear that none of you had any problems with an apparent virus
on the Beeches Nursery site, however, it *did* happen to me on the 19th
December. I have Avira Anti-Virus and it has proved very reliable in the
past couple of years. I grabbed a couple of screen shots of the incident
and you can view them here on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12519030@N02/4204644002/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12519030@N02/4203887527/

I got out of the site, and got back into it a few minutes later and still
got the same result. I haven't tried since.

I'm not trying to put any nursery down, I'm a real nursery enthusiast. I
was just trying to alert people to a possible problem. I really do think
that Sacha went over the top to "shop" me to my ISP, and I'm glad she's
alerted Beeches Nursery, maybe they can have a look at my flickr photos as
well. For obvious reasons I have redacted my own name in my screenshots.

I wish the Beeches Nursery well, and may look at their site again sometime
when I'm in an internet cafe and not on my own PC.

Maybe I was just unlucky with the Beeches Nursery at that point in time.

someone