Old 22-12-2009, 01:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] kate@notme.com is offline

Default Bird feeder in snow

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 06:42:49 -0500, Phisherman
wrote:

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 13:20:39 -0500, Frank
wrote:

Bill's post on winter when it snows prompted me to upload this taken
yesterday:

http://home.comcast.net/~frank.logullo/feeder.jpg

Home made bird feeder temporarily rests on deck rails as I take it down
in the spring when I start container gardening. Had to rebuild and
secure with a bungee cord as raccoons have knocked it down.

http://home.comcast.net/~frank.logullo/thief.pdf

I no longer feed the birds. It draws too many undesirable varmits
onto my deck and makes a seed/poop mess. I still get lots of birds
because of the large trees, berry bushes, pond, etc.

I feed the birds etc out by the compost pile. Everything is welcome,
including the poop.