Old 22-12-2009, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default nursery website virus alert

"mark" wrote in message

"someone" wrote in message

"Mark" wrote in message
m...
someone wrote:

I just went to the Beeches Nursery U.K. website and was looking up a
dahlia
when my anti-virus program went into overdrive. Suggest you avoid that
site.

someone

you can check an URL of a web site for Virus infection from here
http://online.us.drweb.com/?url=1
?http://www.beechesnursery.co.uk comes up clean

-

I am happy to hear that none of you had any problems with an apparent
virus on the Beeches Nursery site, however, it *did* happen to me on the
19th December. I have Avira Anti-Virus and it has proved very reliable
in the past couple of years. I grabbed a couple of screen shots of the
incident and you can view them here on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12519030@N02/4204644002/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/12519030@N02/4203887527/

The AV window shows a detection, and I can see what I presume is Beeches
website underneath. However the AV window doesn't identify the offending
webpage. It would be quite easy to have any website showing under the AV.

Also why would you go to the trouble of capturing the screen image and
posting it on flickr?

mark

Because with Zen we can no longer post images directly.

I always capture screen images of anything I do that is either important or
that interests me, including banking, travel ( including flight tickets),
recipes, plant images, animals, pottery, news, - and anything troublesome on
my computer like viruses and trojans. How else do I have evidence, or how
can I go back and see it again? Also with a screen capture you don't have
to print the whole page with all its advertisements and stuff, you can pick
what you want.

Sorry if I cut the URL off the page, I was in a hurry in case the offending
message on the website vanished (as they sometimes do).

someone