Old 23-12-2009, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_2_] Spider[_2_] is offline

Default Tacca seeds -bat plant

"keith kent" wrote in message
I have Tacca seeds, on the packet it advices to sow in spring .On a website
i read it states sow straight away .
So has anyone any experience with these .
Regards Keith

I've never grown them, but have mostly read that they need sowing when
fresh, so I would do it as soon as possible as they have a shortish
shelf-life. The RHS Propagation guide suggests spring sowing, but because
of the shelf-life problem, sooner rather than later must be better. Surface
sow and keep them at about 25degC. I have heard that older seed can take
months - even 12! - to germinate, so I hope you're patient.

Good luck.
Spider