Old 23-12-2009, 02:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Do YOU .........

Bob Hobden writes
As we have found out, in a modern society that all goes to the wall and
children will mostly just put their aged parents in a home and let
others to look after them.

Unfortunately, increasing life span has also meant increasing the length
of time of complete dependency. I don't think one can blame the
children. Looking after someone 24 hours a day 365 days a year for years
on end is virtually impossible while maintaining your own health, and
families are now so spread out that there is no help available from the
extended family.

--
Kay