Old 24-12-2009, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default Do YOU .........

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:09:37 -0000, "Bob Hobden" wrote:

"'Mike'" wrote ...
.... believe in all this Global warming crap when the world has been
doing
its own things for years and years before man set foot on the Planet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8O-E_GN0Kg

Certainly I believe in global warming, as a old gardener the evidence from
my own garden is beyond dispute. The fact that we, man, have increased the
CO2 content of the atmosphere significantly from the background level and
also that gas acts like a blanket and causes warming is also beyond doubt.
The current speed of warming is also unprecedented if I understand the
figures correctly. My conclusion is that man is responsible for a
proportion
of the warming and that proportion will rise as we pump more CO2 into the
atmosphere.

My problem is with the politicians and their Tax policies.
More CO2 is put into the atmosphere from Central Heating than cars, so why
are they taxing cars on CO2 and not Central Heating?

Cars are not essential. Most people in Northern Europe need to heat their
homes.

(or planes for that
matter, they put the pollution directly in the worst place too

the total for every plane in the world is 4%

Stop heating green houses with natural gas? Stop air freighting plants and
flowers from the tropics?

Why stop airfreighting stuff when the total for every plane is only 4%?

--

Martin