Old 24-12-2009, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete Stockdale Pete Stockdale is offline

Default Heron raid!

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
into
..

I must confess that I have not tried the moving fake - but it seems a
bit risky to me.
Sorry - but round here the have overcome the dislike of flying in to the
water.
Plan 3c - this summer, is to chicken net over the whole pond.

I hve never known a heron to fly straight into water - and I've been
watching them since the 1950s.

I tend to agree with you, that has been my experience, but if someone says
they are flying directly into their pond, I cannot disagree with them.

Well- as I tried to explain earlier, it is more of a hop, skip and a flappy
jump, than direct flight (:-)

End result is the same - fish gone (:-(

Not after plan 3c) though (;-} )

Regards