Old 25-12-2009, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Bloody global warming!

On Dec 24, 7:34*pm, Chris Hogg wrote:
Have a look here at this discussion. All way beyond me though!http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=232818

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

I was just catching up on my reading this morning and saw an article
in New scientist (magazine). Just a short piece with a picture of a
hydroelectric dam, it dealt with the phenomenon of weather changes due
to the dams. 4%, it tells us, is the perceived increase in
precipitation in the most extreme rainfall events and that were were
also an increase in the frequency of rainy days after a new dam was
built.
How they can separate the figures from say, increased wetness in the
climate due to global warming, I have no idea. But curiously the short
article didn't make any mention of it.