Old 26-12-2009, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey bobharvey is offline

Default RHS FRUSTRATION!

On 24 Dec, 12:33, Janet Baraclough
wrote:
The message

from bobharvey contains these words:

On 18 Dec, 21:02, Janet Tweedy wrote:
frustrated of Amersham..

Inspired by this to have a look (on the 19th) I ended up ordering some
Helebor plants, which were delivered yesterday. *And 'left in the
garage' as I requested. *Brilliant service.

* *Oh no! I am still in rehab from *hellebore *addiction. Had to go cold
turkey
when there was no room left in their shady bed. (some of them have been
in flower for a couple of weeks btw)

* * What did you get, then?

from the december collection
Helleborus × hybridus 'Red Lady' - "The upright stems of this cultivar
carry single flowers in shades of red from late winter to mid-spring.
T"

on the wibble the flowers look blood red, wth a black flush at the
base of the petals. Remains to be seen how dark they will be.