Old 27-12-2009, 12:54 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Stephen Wolstenholme Stephen Wolstenholme is offline

Default Phal Air Roots Question

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 16:12:08 -0800, "uncle_vito"
wrote:

Looks exactly to be the case with me. My air roots that reach the media
seem to grow into the media but the part in the air then shrivels and dries
out. Still making a firm connection to its end in the media. Seems like a
good source of support. Not sure nutrients can make it up that shriveled
part, however.

I have one Phal that seems to dig its air roots into the media. The
media is too loose to provide much support. The roots that grow into
down into the media look dry but I don't think they are really dried
out.

Steve

Neural network applications, help and support.