Old 28-12-2009, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default hazel nuts

wrote in message
In article
,
NogbadtheCool wrote:
Hi. I put 3 hazel nut plants in the garden when I moved here (rustic
Cambridgeshire) 8 years ago and am a tad peeved to have had nothing
from them. I had one scrunched up in a corner of the garden in London
which was quite prolific. Anyone know is there something I should be
doing to encourage them for this year?

Are they in shade, by any chance? They won't flower if so. If not,
8 years isn't atypical.

I have quite a big hazel, but the squirrels get to the nuts quicker than I
do.

Tina