Old 29-12-2009, 09:50 AM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default vinegar for weeds?

"0tterbot" writes:
i was just surprised to read in the smh you can spray weeds with white
vinegar, (to kill them, not to make them taste better ;-)

surprised, because i haven't ever heard such a thing!!!

has anyone tried this?

Yes, I've tried it. It was a waste of vinegar.
Nothing died. Spraying with tap water would have
been of equal effectiveness. I don't know how these
myths manage to get perpetuated.

BTW, sheep love sheep sorrel. And dandelion flowers. And
ivy (carcinogenic to stock). :-(