Old 30-12-2009, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NogbadtheCool NogbadtheCool is offline

Default hazel nuts

On Dec 28, 4:19*pm, wrote:
In article ,

NogbadtheCool wrote:
Hi. I put 3 hazel nut plants in the garden when I moved here (rustic
Cambridgeshire) 8 years ago and am a tad peeved to have had nothing
from them. I had one scrunched up in a corner of the garden in London
which was quite prolific. Anyone know is there something I should be
doing to encourage them for this year?

Are they in shade, by any chance? *They won't flower if so. *If not,
8 years isn't atypical.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

no, not in shade, they get quite a good burst os sun from about 11am
to dusk. Surprised to learn 8 yrs not atypical, presumably this is my
pension pot then! I think I vaguely recall catkins one year but
nothing came of them. I wondered if they need horse poo or lime or
some other exotic goody?