Old 30-12-2009, 06:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
gunner gunner is offline

Default Greenhouse heating question

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 15:05:09 -0800, gunner wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 13:10:47 -0800, Steve B
wrote:
In another newsgroup, there's a discussion about heating a greenhouse.
Electric heaters were mentioned. Also kerosene, but comments were made
about fumes and stickiness. Someone recommended a plain propane
barbecue.
It was stated that the CO2 would be good for the plants. I was
wondering
about the CO produced, and what the levels would be.

What is the best/worst ways to do supplemental heat in a greenhouse?

Strange. I always used sunlight to warm a greenhouse.

perhaps you should consider patenting that technique and attach a a switch
so you can turn it on at night.

Use a layer of rocks on the floor to hold heat from the daytime sun.
This isn't rocket science.

OK, bad humor. Passive solar applications and man's useage has long been an
interest of mine. There are too many varibles for it to be a reliable
source of heat, perhaps a good supplement, but the other side of the coin
is that heat sinks work in the summer much better, usually to the deterimate
of the plants.