Old 30-12-2009, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
lloyd lloyd is offline

Default Professional Urban Fox Control

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:57:59 -0000, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:10:57 -0500, Steve Barron
wrote:

Love them or hate them, foxes cause not only damage to our lawns and
steal our tools, but are capable of transmitting diseases via their
treacle-like faeces and strong odour urine such as leptospirosis (weil's
disease) and toxocaris, not to mention the internal & external parasites
they will almost definately be carrying. Under The Abandonement Act
1960, it is illegal to release foxes once trapped; therefore, the only
humane and legal solution is to safely dispatch them. I am professional
Urban Fox Controller working in North & East London areas, spending most
of my time in schools, colleges, commercial and residential properties.
I am often called in by gardeners due to the constant digging up of
lawns and flower beds and the unpleasant fouling left behind. for more
information, my website is www.pestgo4u.com

A domestic dog has the same chance of contracting leptospirosis as a
fox .. urban or otherwise. So do we shoot stray dogs ?

Yes, that is true, they can get it from rats unless you inoculate your own
dogs against it, which you should as a responsible owner.
When was the last time you saw a stray dog? Unless it accidently escaped
from its home.

As a poultry keeper, I have no problem with the post although digging up
flower beds is not a problem, killing my chickens is, especially during
the day.
I had most of my chickens once killed by a fox in the day, when I got home
from work it was still killing
It ran away when I saw it, leaving 22 dead and the end of my project.

Yes, anyone who can put foxes out is good.

Here, here, the idiots who are against killing foxes live in fools paradise,
they have absolutely no idea of the problems they cause!

One of my neighbours tried to keep ducks for the eggs, the damned foxes
killed all of them, another, rather foolishly let a pet rabbit free to run
in the garden it disappeared, obviously killed by a fox.

Sounds like irresponsible ownership to me. People should be given a
competence test before being allowed pets/animals