Old 18-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Joe Zorzin

Default GIS software

Anybody using Manifold for their GIS software? I'm close to buying it.

I may also be able to "borrow" a copy of ArcGIS 8.2 which I'd like to check
out.

Apparently those ESRI products like ArcView and ArcGIS are not user
friendly, being ports from mainframes. Manifold claims to be 100% XP
compatible- a totally MS Windows friendly program.

I may not like the idea of Bill Gates having a few more bucks than he needs
to feed his family, but I do like Microsoft's ideas on how software should
be designed. Once you get used to using MS Office, any other GUI looks lame
by comparison.

I'm still playing around with my Magellan Platinum and getting to like it.
--
Joe Zorzin
http://www.forestmeister.com