Old 31-12-2009, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Christina Websell[_2_] Christina Websell[_2_] is offline

Default Talking about bay (again)

"K" wrote in message
Christina Websell writes
I've followed the thread on bay with interest.
My bay is too young yet to take leaves from, so I asked my aunt to get me
some from her 7ft high one.
She snipped some off complete with stems and I noticed that on the stems
there were little bunches of peppercorn-like thingies in clusters of
three.
I assume these are the seeds, what's the chances of propagating from
these?

(I've just been out into the ice and snow for you ;-)

Thank you. really appreciate it!

I think you'll find that they are flower buds. My buds are round,
peppercorn size, and pale yellowy brownish green.

Dammit, I'd really hoped they were seeds.
Thanks.

Tina