Old 31-12-2009, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Talking about bay (again)

®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 15:47:31 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I dried the bay leaves themselves by putting them in a metal dish on top of
my woodburner - I now have enough for a year of soup flavouring ;-)

I never dry off bay leaves. I have a biggish standard bay and just
rip off a few fresh leaves as required. Drying does nothing for the
taste in my view.

Not long post-war, we had a residual member of the Polish Air Force who
came and mowed our grass. He asked my mother if he could take some bay
leaves (we had two huge trees) and the answer was, of course, 'Take as
many as you like'.

Imagine the dismay when Stefan was seen raking-up the dropped leaves. He
was bidden to take a branch of fresh ones, but he said that in Poland,
that was how they liked them.

Ah well - to everyone, his goat.

(I'll get mine...)

--