Old 01-01-2010, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Compo in Caithness Compo in Caithness is offline

Default hazel nuts

On 28 Dec 2009, 16:01, NogbadtheCool
wrote:
Hi. I put 3 hazel nut plants in the garden when I moved here (rustic
Cambridgeshire) 8 years ago and am a tad peeved to have had nothing
from them. I had one scrunched up in a corner of the garden in London
which was quite prolific. Anyone know is there something I should be
doing to encourage them for this year?
Thanks

I planted a pair of hazel trees 12yrs ago. The trees are doing fine
and look healthy. In addition I have a hazel hedge but alas, although
they flower and produce catkins I have never had a single nut from
either of them :-(
Cheers,
Compo in Caithness