Old 01-01-2010, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
lloyd lloyd is offline

Default Toms and grow bags.

On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 11:22:00 +0000, Pam Moore
wrote:

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 08:52:15 +0000, lloyd wrote:

Great success last year, well they grew for me so that is a rarity in
itself. Couple questions. I think three plants in a bag is too much,
perhaps two would be better? Could I dig a hole big enough for the bag
contents and then grow from there, or does the bag itself have some
protective role too?

What do you think?

I've got some green plastic "crowns" which are designed to go on top
of grow bags, pressed into a hole cut in the plastic, and filled with
compost to give greater depth. You can achieve the same effect by
using a 2 litre plastic pot with the bottom cut out. Place these on
top of the growbag , fill with compost and plant in them. I'd still
only put 2 plants to a bag.

Thanks Pam but I'm going to plant my toms this year and see how we get
on.