Old 01-01-2010, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default 'twas New Year's Day

in the garden and there was a *very* poor show, compared to most years.
This probably reflects the frosts we've had so far, much earlier than
we normally get them. The not-very-vast number of things in flower
was: Vinca oxyloba, Rosemarinus marenca, Mahonia bealei, Sarcococca
confusa and S. hookeriana, Camella Takanini and C. sasanqua Narumigata,
as well as the Camellia we think is 'Cherub'. The two latter are in
full bloom. There is also Correa backhousiana, Cestrum parquii,
Viburnum tinus, Lonicera purpusii, various Hellebores, Fuchsia
excorticata in bud, Jasminum nudiflorum, and with buds just about ready
to break, the fishtail Camellia Kingyoba-shiro-wabisuke.
And as a bonus (?!) 3 large badger scrapes towards the bottom of the garden!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com