Old 01-01-2010, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
lloyd lloyd is offline

Default Professional Urban Fox Control

On 2010-01-01 11:18:02 +0000, lloyd said:
snip

How many of us actually bother to wash our hands enough, especially
when working in the garden. Anthrax and all sorts in the soils. I also
have greater respect for the poor farmers who grow things, having seen
my fruits eaten ,crawled on, shat upon, peed on and so on. Not sure
I'd have anything again unless it can be peeled or split. I was
surprised at how many flies there are in the open countryside since I
started growing stuff, and noticing.

You're surprised at flies.......in the countryside

No.

and you think
gardeners are at danger from Anthrax....

We face many dangers. Some real, many imagined. Your point?

This does explain some of the things you say about keeping chickens,
treatment of foxes etc.

How?

The Health Protection Agency reports that there has been a *total* of
19 cases of anthrax in England and Wales between 1981 and 2008. The
last death was in Scotland in 2006 and that was of someone handling
animal hides in making and playing drums. This is hardly a deadly
infection that you're going to encounter whenever you dig in the
garden.

Who said it was?

The most basic hygiene means people wash their hands, not fear
of Anthrax in their garden.

You seem to have gone off on a merry dance, or not yet sober from last
nights merriment, either way make no sense I'm afraid.

Once you resort to insult, you lose the thrust of your argument.

Once you resort to feigning hurt and mock injustice you lose the plot.
Why does the truth insult you?

The
same happens if you use exaggeration, as you did above and to which I
responded. FYI, we went to bed before midnight last night, a lonnnng
way from drunk and despite my husband's 60 years as a nurseryman,
neither of us suffering from anthrax or a wonderment that there are
flies in the countryside, sometimes, somewhere. To be honest, I don't
think you actually have much idea of what you're talking about and
aren't interested in listening to those who do, so inevitably you will
learn nothing. Christina has been keeping poultry for years and yet
you think you know better than she how to do it. That pretty much
demonstrates your line of reasoning. But that's most definitely your
problem, not mine. 'bye.

You may think you make a coherent argument, all we see is smoke and
mirrors.

What argument can there be to victimise and persecute a dumb animal
who seeks only to survive, against an overly conceited, well fed and
protected individual who seeks to play God and watch the world revolve
around themselves? I'd be very keen to hear a cogent defence!

Why should I not defend the poor beast against ignorance such as
yours?