Old 01-01-2010, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹ ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°¹ is offline

Default Erecting a greenhouse

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 06:07:42 -0800 (PST), bobharvey
wrote:

On 1 Jan, 10:34, Compo in Caithness wrote:
Hi gang,

I am about to erect a Rhino 8x10 greenhouse in the veg garden. *The
only plot available is on soil (no hardstanding available). *I am not
sure whether it is worth digging and concreting a full foundation as
per a house or whether I should just use the four concrete block
system to anchor it down. I would welcome any tips/pros and cons about
this job and the erection process in general.

Cheers,
Compo in Caithness

If you don't have a firm base the frame will bend and twist, as the
soil heaves and swells and shrinks. the door will stick, and some of
the glass might crack.

Concurred. A rigid immovable base is essential.
(And a lot cheaper than starting again in a couple of year's time,
replacing glass etc )

--