Old 18-04-2003, 12:08 PM
Fenny

Default Throwing out baby ...

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard William Tasso say...
I wonder is there any reason one shouldn't use bath/shower waste water on
the garden?

Obviously the output from washing machines, dishwashers etc. is a fairly
good path cleaner, but I wonder if any of the preparations, mixes and other
paraphernalia found in modern bathrooms is harmful to gardens.

No. Pa replumbed our house years ago so that all the waste water from
the bath & sinks went into a barrel. In very dry summers he also
diverted the dishwasher & washing machine outflows onto the grass. Made
the grass go yellowish, but by the time it had run down the hill onto
the beds it seemed to have no ill effect on the plants.
--
Fenny
Afternoon snacks have very few civil liberties.