Old 01-01-2010, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
A.Lee A.Lee is offline

Default Professional Urban Fox Control

Compo in Caithness wrote:

Humour apart - I was informed yesterday that a Pine Marten was
recently caught and died horribly, in a trap nearby. The trap was
aimed at foxes and other predatory animals of (they say) farm
livestock. This practice is barbaric and unnecessary.

So you have no actual evidence of this trap?
I doubt anyone uses anything but a plain 'trap not kill' trap for foxes.
These should be checked every day to see if anything has been caught,
and if anything has been caught, they should be shot or killed humanely
immediately.
How did this Pine Marten die then?

If you have evidence of jawed traps being used for foxes, then you
should inform the Police, if you havent, then you should'nt try and
spread gossip.
Alan.