Old 01-01-2010, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
lloyd lloyd is offline

Default Professional Urban Fox Control

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 15:51:42 +0000, (A.Lee) wrote:

Compo in Caithness wrote:

Humour apart - I was informed yesterday that a Pine Marten was
recently caught and died horribly, in a trap nearby. The trap was
aimed at foxes and other predatory animals of (they say) farm
livestock. This practice is barbaric and unnecessary.

So you have no actual evidence of this trap?
I doubt anyone uses anything but a plain 'trap not kill' trap for foxes.
These should be checked every day to see if anything has been caught,
and if anything has been caught, they should be shot or killed humanely
immediately.

I hardly think ethics or common sense would apply to the kind of low
life that sets out to kill wildlife. By definition they're selfish
pigs and hardly the sort of person you'd bring home to meet your
family.