Old 01-01-2010, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Talking about bay (again)

Christina Websell wrote:

I'm far too scared to take any leaves off my little bay, it sulked for a
year at 3" and has only just got going. I can wait.
Thanks for telling me what bay seeds look like. I now feel a little stupid,
although those little peppercorn like thingies did look like they could have
been seed pods.

One it's started it'll grow like a teenager.

If you dry those buds separately, they can be ground with peppercorns to
improve the flavour of the pepper.

Don't overdo it though, as bay is mildly poisonous.

--
Rusty