Old 01-01-2010, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge[_2_] Rusty Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default CRABs apples that is

lloyd wrote:
/snip/

get enough pectin.

Yes of course. I recall I had this trouble when I was making jam in a
breadmaker of all things, best strawberry jam ever, though a bit
runny..

Strawberry jam can be like that. Use no water, and start-off slowly so
as not to burn them, or caramelise the sugar.

I wonder when they make jams etc commercially do they wash the fruits
properly?

Dunno - but you can taste the citric acid they all add.

--
Rusty