Old 02-01-2010, 01:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default Planting Potatoes

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Suzanne D. wrote:
"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message

You are correct. Plant them in holes or trenches.

I just laid mine on top of the ground and covered them with straw. Worked
perfectly, and they weren't even dirty when I harvested them!
--S.

how deep was the straw?

About 18 inches (45 cm). I piled it up little by little as the plants grew,
to within 5 inches of the top of the plants. When I needed potatoes, I just
moved the straw over to the side and picked some up from the ground.
--S.