Old 01-01-2010, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_4_] Sacha[_4_] is offline

Default The New Years Day flower count

On 2010-01-01 17:39:25 +0000, Stewart Robert Hinsley
said:

In message , David WE Roberts
writes

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message

The last few days have all but wiped out any lingering flowers on the
geranuims. However there is one small one hanging on under some foliage
so I'm goint to count it :-)

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/z...D%202010%20Flo
wer%20Count/DSC00339.jpg
Three different Hebes, all bluish flowers.

One of them
http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/z...D%202010%20Flo
wer%20Count/DSC00341.jpg
A yellow rose which is looking sorry for itself.

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/z...D%202010%20Flo
wer%20Count/DSC00340.jpg
A 'weed' (flower in the wrong place) with yellow dandelion-style flowers.

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/z...D%202010%20Flo
wer%20Count/DSC00338.jpg

Going down below freezing again.
I may take pity on the geraniums.

Malva 'Bicolor' and Malva 'Princesse de Lignes' (I'm not sure that they
are different); Abutilon megapotamicum and Abutilon 'Kentish Belle'.
Possibly a Hebe (I neglected to check).

I didn't see anything else while out walking this afternoon, except for
a single flower on a ragwort of some description (most likely Senecio
jacobaea).

Abutilon megapotanicum outdoors? Sorry, Stewart, I forget your
location. What kind of night time temps have you been getting?
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com